Assessment of this total outcomes of academic and intellectual tasks of students
Successes of academic and cognitive task for the students are characterized by quantitative and qualitative indicators expressed and recorded by the evaluation.
Assessment of real information – definitions and expressions in conditional units (points), along with evaluative judgments for the trained teacher of real information, abilities and abilities of students according to what’s needed associated with the curriculum.
Definition of requirements for assessing the outcomes of intellectual task of students
In contemporary pedagogy of high school you will find different approaches to this is of requirements for assessing the link between cognitive activity of students. Some http://yourwriters.org scientists propose for the item of evaluation to use the structural the different parts of educational activities, particularly:
- Content component – the total amount of understanding of the object of research (according to curricula, state standards). Whenever assessing listed here characteristics of knowledge to be analyzed: completeness, correctness, logic, awareness (understanding, the distinction between your primary while the secondary); verbalization, that is verbalization (translation, explanation); power to apply knowledge, etc.
- Operational-organizational component – the power associated with pupil to choose the means of action in terms of the curriculum for the evaluated discipline (substantive actions); specific psychological faculties, ie ability to compare, abstract, classify, generalize, etc. (mental actions); abilities to evaluate, plan, organize, control the procedure as well as the results of the job, general activity (general academic actions). The analysis, along with the correctness, self-reliance for the performance when it comes to novelty ( because of the model, similar, fairly brand new), may also be become analyzed. understanding and verbal design: reproduction (translation), explanation, application in conditions of novelty, etc.
- Psychological and motivational component – attitude to examine (indifferent, maybe not sufficient positive, interested, expressive, good).
These characteristics could be taken as a foundation for determining the degree of academic success, general requirements due to their assessment and appropriate assessments (in points).
Other criteria for assessment pupil’s success
The requirements for assessment may be also:
- character of assimilation of currently understood knowledge (standard of understanding, durability of memory, volume, completeness and precision of knowledge);
- The quality of knowledge discovered by the learning student, the logic of thinking, the argumentation, the series and independency of this presentation, the culture of message;
- amount of mastering currently understood methods of activity, abilities and skills of application of this obtained knowledge in practice;
- mastering the feeling of innovative activity;
- quality regarding the work (external design, the pace of execution, diligence, etc.).
Some teachers think about the amount of knowledge to function as the criterion that is main evaluation:
- reproductive (knowledge is consciously identified, fixed in memory and reproducible information that is objective topics of cognition);
- reconstructive (knowledge is manifested into the willingness and cap ability regarding the student to use them in comparable, standard or variational conditions);
- creative (students can effectively apply knowledge and assimilated means of acting in non-typical circumstances).
Today, numerous educators are developing their approach that is own to students’ knowledge, skills and abilities. Within the opinion of some of them, the evaluation should really be in line with the amount and content of errors made by the pupil. They argue their point of view that in certain sports a performance without mistakes and shortcomings is believed because of the number that is maximum of, and for the errors which can be made, the score is reduced (gymnastics, acrobatics, figure skating, etc.). Proceeding from such recommendations, some scholars ponder over it expedient to just take certain evaluation mistakes and defects in dental responses and written works well with the assessment criterion. It’s important to elaborate norms of assessments, this is certainly, to look for the quantity of mistakes and defects that correspond to an assessment that is particular. Requirements and norms of assessments should always be developed for every single scholastic control, therefore, the necessity for any universal, general evaluation criteria vanishes.